Saturday, November 17, 2007

Some about my life in Calgary like a UOC's student



I arrived at Calgary on September 13 – 2007 to improve the English language, for several reasons: first because I always wanted to do that and because for my it is very important, second because my friend Hugo animated me and supported to do it, and third because ECOPETROL SA me allowed it. The city is very ordered and calm, I understand them the language to people because their pronunciation is very good, they are very friendly and polite, the transit is organized although it is not enough and the climate is very hard to me, and the global warming is affecting it still more.
In the university, the professors are difficult, we studied from the 9 a.m. to 3 or 4 p.m., they give us too much homework, presentations in power point, reading journals, reading books, etc. but in general, they are excellent. All Fridays, the university has prepared some activity to amuse to us. I study with people of many countries and that is very interesting, I can share and learn of other cultures. People in general are very friendly and outgoing. Finally, I want recommend this experience to whoever can do it, that will help you much in your future.
I will come back to my country on December 18th with too much happiness because I could be in Calgary and I could study in the UOC, in addition I miss very much to my family and my people.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Cesar,

I enjoyed reading your blogs and I am glad we gave you too much homework!!! We are just doing your job.

I have enjoyed having you in class and will miss your smile and hard work.

I wish you all the best!!!

Desiree